OCR Scanning Services
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Scanning & Conversion
What Is Optical Character Recognition (OCR)?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a process to convert text into scanned images and then extract the text to make it searchable, indexed, and retrieved online.
OCR technology is used for text extraction to get a digital copy into a machine-readable text format. For example, if you scan a form or a receipt, your computer saves the scan as an image file. You cannot use a text editor to edit, search, or count the words in the image file. However, you can use OCR to convert the image into a text document with its contents stored as text data.
While we are applying the OCR code, accuracy is the main consideration. The best resolution to achieve accuracy has to be higher. Therefore a bright, high-quality scanning is a must. The crooked line in between might produce poor results.RGB mode is a preferred standard for OCR codes
Why is OCR the most significant digitizing method?
Paper forms, invoices, scanned legal documents, and printed contracts are integral parts of the business processes. If you simply scan and create digital copies of this data, it will be difficult to edit them. However, they require a lot of space to store and manage.
OCR technology helps to convert text into editable data. With the help of software, you can easily access the data to conduct analytics, streamline operations, automate processes, and improve productivity.
Benefits of OCR Based Data Entry
OCR technology is one of the latest technologies that helps conduct business activities. However, the cost is higher but there are numerous benefits of using OCR technology. Some of them include:
- Improved operational efficiency
- Better searchable and editable text
- Can effectively create datasets for AI solutions
- OCR code helps do eCommerce transactions
How Does OCR Document Scanning Work?
The OCR engine or OCR software works by using the following steps:
Image acquisition - An OCR-enabled scanner converts documents and converts them to binary data. The OCR software analyzes the scanned image and classifies the light areas as background and the dark areas as text.
Preprocessing - The first step is cleaning the image and removing the errors so that OCR software can read the text. During the cleaning process, we check the following:
- Deskewing or tilting the scanned document slightly to fix alignment issues during the scan.
- Despeckling or removing any digital image spots or smoothing the edges of text images.
- Cleaning up boxes and lines in the image.
- Script recognition for multi-language OCR technology
Text recognition - The two main types of OCR algorithms or software processes that an OCR software uses for text recognition are called pattern matching and feature extraction.
Pattern Matching - Pattern matching works by isolating a character image, called a glyph, and comparing it with a similarly stored glyph. Pattern recognition works only if the stored glyph has a similar font and scale to the input glyph. This method works well with scanned images of documents that have been typed in a known font.
Feature Extraction - Feature extraction breaks down or decomposes the glyphs into features such as lines, closed loops, line direction, and line intersections. It then uses these features to find the best match or the nearest neighbor among its various stored glyphs.
Post Processing - After analysis, the system converts the extracted text data into a computerized file. Some OCR systems can create annotated PDF files that include both the before and after versions of the scanned document.
How to Hire an Outsourcing Partner for OCR Scanning?
Scanning character-by-character, analysis of the image, and translation of the character image into character codes is not an easy task. To conduct the data processing task smoothly, you need to partner with the best OCR scanning company. Some of the things to consider while choosing an outsourcing partner for OCR scanning are:
- The business document management services using OCR technology is one of the leading methods to use digitized documents for further processing using AI and ML software.
- The service provider must use ultra-modern flatbed scanners for recognizing text and image data. The digitized data is then stored in a structured format.
- Creating digital copies of the business data to provide the best fit solution to the organization’s specific requirements.
- Maintaining accuracy and confidentiality is a must.
Why Choose eRecordsUSA Services as Your Preferred OCR Outsourcing Company?
At eRecordsUSA, we implement the latest OCR conversion tools and techniques to maintain high-level accuracy.
We deliver multi-language OCR scanning and conversion including printed text, typed text, handwritten text, audio or visual information, and cursive text. We have the technique to recognize special character and mathematical symbols, font styles, and page layouts.
Our document scanning and management services include:
- Consistent communication with clients with 24/7 customer support
- Customized service that suits the need of individual clients without compromising on quality
- Constantly improving on delivering cost-effective, efficient, and secure services.
- Error-free Services managing your business data that can improve the productivity
One of the significant advantages of OCR technology is the level of ease to manage high volumes of data. We ensure a fast and hassle-free OCR scanning service. We are an ISO-ISM-certified agency providing document scanning using OCR technology as per the industry requirement.
If you are looking for an OCR scanning service, consult our marketing team and ask for a FREE Quote!
Find Us On Facebook
eRecordsUSA does an excellent job of scanning documents. I\'ve used their services for my research as a writer and have been impressed by their professionalism and skill. They are always courteous and helpful in explaining how they work. I recommend them highly.
- Joseph McBride
- San Francisco State University
We are a small start-up that needed to digitize 3 years worth of company lab notebooks before our acquisition. Ours was a small order by eRecordsUSA\'s standards, but they were very responsive and turned our project around in a few days so we could make our tight deadline. Thank you ! eRecordsUSA
- John Beausang
- Immumetrix LLC